Friday, December 27, 2013

Dreaming of a BRIGHT Christmas Pt 2

CHRISTMAS DAY!

I have to admit, I totally thought the kids would come crashing into our room right after sunrise gleefully jumping and shouting and celebrating, waking us us and dragging us to the Tree to open present in a great frenzied blur of tinsel and paper... But instead my most darling, sweet, precious, angel-like children tore through their crepe covered bedroom doors (apparently laughing the entire while) and then quieting down, cleaning up their mess and after a thorough study of the presents Santa had delivered in the night they sat down for some PBS kids until we woke up: OMG! That was their Christmas Present for Mommy and Daddy, How sweet and wonderful is that! *Gush of Parental Pride and Adoration*
When we did wake up (around 8:30 when Lil Bit woke up hungry) we read the Christmas Story (from Luke), and then the glorious ripping and squealing of Christmas Morning began! 


(SideNote: I cannot tell you how much those FunTab's have come in handy with their Home Schooling! Guess who is now EXCITED TO STUDY? Thanks FunTab!)



I feel like I should title Janzen's picture: Let me sing you the Christmas Song of my People LOL!

But really though,, is there anything sweeter than that baby girl's thankful face? (That's what I'm calling it anyway, NOT the Christmas Poop Face. Gross.)

When presents were opened, and trash thrown away was Mommy's cue to whip up a delicious brunch while Daddy helped open boxes, twist ties, add batteries and generally play with the kids' toys. I made this completely mouth-watering, completely Nom-Tastic dish: EggNog French Toast! It was heaven! I put fruit out along with powdered and brown sugar, cinnamon and syrup and I'll tell you what,, we ate every bite! MMMMmmm!


Egg Nog French Toast
Bread*
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup of Milk
1Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
Butter or Cooking Oil**
Toppings!

Mix Eggs and Milk together in a bowl.
Add Cinnamon, Vanilla, & Nutmeg.
Heat a pan, when it's up to heat throw in a pat of butter and let it melt.
Coat both sides of bread completely (don't overdo it, it will rip your bread!)
Cook thoroughly on both sides.
Choose a topping! 

Here is where I found the original recipe!

* I used as many pieces of bread as I needed, till the mixture was gone! LOL! I also just used our regular Wheat Bread, and it was delish!
** I tried cooking oil, but it made the bread more soggy, while the little bit of butter gave it that awesome moist, flavor. Just mho!

No comments:

Post a Comment